Social Media Manager
I. WHO WE ARE:
Divided We Fall® is about we, the people of these United States, creating a more perfect Union. We are working to build a media outlet that puts people before partisanship, but we cannot achieve this goal without dedicated volunteers!
II. JOB DESCRIPTION:
This volunteer opportunity requires candidates to be able to perform duties that include the following:
- Responsible for building brand awareness and reader engagement through regular social media posts
- Responsible for development and maintenance of weekly content calendar for DFW’s social media platforms
- Collects and reviews metrics on social media performance to inform changes to strategy and content
The Social Media Manager will be part of our Communications Team and will collaborate with the team to ensure our social media presence reflects the thought-provoking and interesting content we publish.
III. JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
- Volunteer remote position (5-10 hours/week, flexible)
- Flexible deadlines/hours
- Reports to: Director of Communications
IV. DESIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Some experience with social media content creation
- Familiarity with online social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, TikTok, etc.
- Preferred experience with analytics and other monitoring tools
- Ability to work independently
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
V. HOW THIS WILL HELP YOU
- Opportunities to make real impact and drive change
- Grow with us as we leverage social media for social good, building upon your skills and growing your reach
- Be part of an exciting and passionate team with career development
VI. HOW THIS HELPS OUR COMMUNITY
Our vision is to create a mass movement of citizens demanding democracy reform, where civil discourse and bipartisan politics triumph over reflexive intolerance and petty partisanship, and where a functioning government leads to a more perfect Union.