Social Media Assistant
I. WHO WE ARE:
Divided We Fall® is about we, the people of these United States, creating a more perfect Union. We are working to build a media outlet that puts people before partisanship, but we cannot achieve this goal without dedicated volunteers!
II. JOB DESCRIPTION:
This volunteer opportunity requires candidates to be able to perform duties that include the following:
- Assist the Social Media Manager with content development and management
- Report on DWF’s social media presence and impact
- Assist Social Media Manager with development and maintenance of weekly content calendar for DFW’s social media platforms
- Collect and review metrics on social media performance to inform changes to strategy and content
The Social Media Assistant will be part of our Communications Team and will collaborate with the team to ensure our social media presence reflects the thought-provoking and interesting content we publish.
III. JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
- Volunteer remote position (5-10 hours/week, flexible)
- Flexible deadlines/hours
- Reports to: Director of Communications
IV. DESIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Some experience with Social Media Content Creation
- Preferred experience with analytics and other monitoring tools
- Ability to work independently
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Familiarity with online social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, Youtube, etc.
V. HOW THIS WILL HELP YOU
- Opportunities to make real impact and drive change
- Grow with us as we leverage social media for social good, building upon your skills and growing your reach
- Be part of an exciting and passionate team with career development
VI. HOW THIS HELPS OUR COMMUNITY
Our vision is to create a mass movement of citizens demanding democracy reform, where civil discourse and bipartisan politics triumph over reflexive intolerance and petty partisanship, and where a functioning government leads to a more perfect Union.
If this position isn’t the right fit for you, you can find more positions on our Volunteer Page or on LinkedIn.