Director of Development
I. WHO WE ARE:
Divided We Fall® is about we, the people of these United States, creating a more perfect Union. We are working to build a media outlet that puts people before partisanship, but we cannot achieve this goal without dedicated volunteers!
II. JOB DESCRIPTION:
This volunteer opportunity requires candidates to be able to perform duties that include the following:
- Develop annual development strategy to meet organization’s annual fundraising goals
- Grow revenue streams from foundation grants, major donors, corporate sponsorships, and advertisements
- Oversee individual donor fundraising, including annual Giving Season campaign
The Director of Development will be part of our Management Team and plays an important role in developing strategic partnerships with other organizations that are mutually beneficial.
III. JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
- Volunteer remote position (5-10 hours/week, flexible)
- Flexible deadlines/hours
- Reports to: Executive Director
IV. DESIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in non-profit development
- Knowledge of fundraising and grant applications
- Ability to work independently
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
V. HOW THIS WILL HELP YOU
- Opportunities to make real impact and drive change
- Increase access to professional networks and deepen relationships within the political community
- Be part of an exciting and passionate team with career development
VI. HOW THIS HELPS OUR COMMUNITY
Our vision is to create a mass movement of citizens demanding democracy reform, where civil discourse and bipartisan politics triumph over reflexive intolerance and petty partisanship, and where a functioning government leads to a more perfect Union.