Director of Communications
I. WHO WE ARE:
Divided We Fall® is about we, the people of these United States, creating a more perfect Union. We are working to build a media outlet that puts people before partisanship, but we cannot achieve this goal without dedicated volunteers!
II. JOB DESCRIPTION:
This volunteer opportunity requires candidates to be able to perform duties that include the following:
- Develop and publish press releases and other promotional content
- Improve readership performance through partnerships, syndication, and newsletter
- Manage the organization’s presence on social media platforms
The Director of Communications will be part of our Management Team and will collaborate with a team of managers and designers to convey a professional and effective communications strategy to our readers.
III. JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
- Volunteer remote position (5-10 hours/week, flexible)
- Flexible deadlines/hours
- Reports to: Managing Editor
IV. DESIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Experience as a communicator or marketer
- Ability to work independently
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of social media platforms
V. HOW THIS WILL HELP YOU
- Opportunity to make real impact and drive change
- Build your communications and marketing portfolio
- Be part of an exciting and passionate team with career development
VI. HOW THIS HELPS OUR COMMUNITY
Our vision is to create a mass movement of citizens demanding democracy reform, where civil discourse and bipartisan politics triumph over reflexive intolerance and petty partisanship, and where a functioning government leads to a more perfect Union.