I. WHO WE ARE:
Divided We Fall® is about we, the people of these United States, creating a more perfect Union. We are working to build a media outlet that puts people before partisanship, but we cannot achieve this goal without dedicated volunteers!
II. JOB DESCRIPTION:
This volunteer opportunity requires candidates to be able to perform duties that include the following:
- Meeting with the management team to discuss website design and function.
- Designing and building the website front-end.
- Creating the website architecture.
- Designing and managing the website back-end including database and server integration.
- Generating WordPress themes and plugins.
- Conducting website performance tests.
- Troubleshooting content issues.
- Monitoring the performance of the live website.
The Web Developer will be part of our Communications Team and will collaborate with the team to ensure our online presence reflects the thought-provoking and interesting content we publish.
III. JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
- Volunteer remote position (5-10 hours/week, flexible)
- Flexible deadlines/hours
- Reports to: Communications Director
IV. DESIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Preferred experience with analytics and other monitoring tools
- Ability to work independently
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven work experience as a WordPress developer.
- Experience working with debugging tools such as Chrome Inspector and Firebug.
- Good understanding of website architecture and aesthetics.
- Ability to manage projects
V. HOW THIS WILL HELP YOU
- Make real impact and drive change
- Increase access to professional networks for career development
- Deepen relationships within the political community
- Work with an excited and passionate team
VI. HOW THIS HELPS OUR COMMUNITY
Our vision is to create a mass movement of citizens demanding democracy reform, where civil discourse and bipartisan politics triumph over reflexive intolerance and petty partisanship, and where a functioning government leads to a more perfect Union.