I. WHO WE ARE:
Divided We Fall® is about we, the people of these United States, creating a more perfect Union. We are working to build a media outlet that puts people before partisanship, but we cannot achieve this goal without dedicated volunteers!
II. JOB DESCRIPTION:
This volunteer opportunity requires candidates to be able to perform duties that include the following:
- Responsible for managing key organizational processes including authorship, editing, publication, and human capital management.
- Responsible for maintaining a consistent pipeline of new content and tracking progress from production to publication.
- Responsible for author management and coordinating transition across the production, editorial, and publication process.
- Responsible for engaging with external organizations and media in support of increasing brand awareness and partnerships.
- Responsible for maintaining comprehensive data management and analysis on Trello, Google Drive, Slack, and Wordpress for the editorial process.
- Supports the Executive Director in efforts to improve organizational efficiency and execution in order to ensure effective operations and scale.
- Supports the Executive Director in efforts to set and execute the mission and vision of the organization from strategy and execution through evaluation and improvement.
The Managing Editor will be part of our Management Team and plays an important role in implementing the strategy and executing the mission of the organization.
III. JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
- Volunteer remote position (10-15 hours/week, flexible)
- Flexible deadlines/hours
- Reports to: Executive Director
IV. DESIRED EXPERIENCE:
- A thorough understanding of editorial, political analysis, and people development.
- Experience as an editor or within a publishing house/journal/publication
- Ability to work within a team and motivate others
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of desktop publishing and collaboration tools
V. HOW THIS WILL HELP YOU
- Opportunities to make real impact and drive change
- Increase access to professional networks and deepen relationships within the political community
- Be part of an exciting and passionate team with career development
VI. HOW THIS HELPS OUR COMMUNITY
Our vision is to create a mass movement of citizens demanding democracy reform, where civil discourse and bipartisan politics triumph over reflexive intolerance and petty partisanship, and where a functioning government leads to a more perfect Union.
If this position isn’t the right fit for you, you can find more positions on our Volunteer Page or on LinkedIn.