Board of Directors
I. WHO WE ARE:
Divided We Fall® is about we, the people of these United States, creating a more perfect Union. We are working to build a media outlet that puts people before partisanship, but we cannot achieve this goal without dedicated volunteers!
II. JOB DESCRIPTION:
Expectations of Board members (in priority order):
- Fundraising: Help DWF raise operating funds
- Support DWF via our Give or Get Board Member policy ($5,000/year). Connect organization with additional major donors and foundations.
- Network: Help grow DWF readership and community
- Leverage personal network and online followers to expand DWF readership; assist with recruitment of high-level authors, partnerships, and volunteers.
- Strategic Direction & Review: Guide high-level decision making within DWF
- Lend expertise (e.g. business, legal, technical, media, academic) towards DWF’s continued development and iteration including but not limited to organizational growth, content redesign, website functionality, and measurement and evaluation.
- Review the performance of DWF leadership and individual staff against the strategic goals.
- Name Recognition: Help put DWF on the map
- Lend reputation and credibility to bolster DWF legitimacy and following.
- Governance & Financial Oversight:
- Ensuring strong fiduciary oversight and financial management.
- Assessing its own performance as the governing body of DWF.
III. JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
- Volunteer remote position (<5 hrs/month)
- Quarterly board meetings as well as ad hoc requests to board members
IV. POSITION EXPECTATIONS:
- Divided We Fall’s Board Member Give or Get policy requires new Board Members to donate or fundraise $5,000 per year.
- Follow the organization’s bylaws, policies, and board resolutions.
- Sign an annual conflict-of-interest disclosure and update it during the year if necessary, as well as disclose potential conflicts before meetings and actual conflicts during meetings.
- Maintain confidentiality about all internal matters of DWF.
V. HOW THIS WILL HELP YOU
- Opportunities to make real impact and drive change.
- Increase access to professional networks and deepen relationships within the political community.
- Be part of an exciting and passionate team with career development.
VI. HOW THIS HELPS OUR COMMUNITY
Our vision is to create a mass movement of citizens demanding democracy reform, where civil discourse and bipartisan politics triumph over reflexive intolerance and petty partisanship, and where a functioning government leads to a more perfect Union.